Monday, June 2, 2008

Barren.

This blog is dedicated to me - and those like me. Those of us who have inhospitable wombs. Who have gimpy swimmers heading up the canal towards a hostile uterus. Those of us who are surrounded by mothers and fathers with babies, who have to live with the sympathetic looks and the "don't worry, it'll be your turn soon"s.

This blog isn't to disparage them, but it is a place to give me a voice. A voice that I don't otherwise have, because I don't want the entire world to know that my uterus is gimpy. I don't want my mother fretting in my ear, or my mother in law telling everyone about why she doesn't have grandchildren yet. The voice I can't use when someone tells me they're pregnant and then they kindly say, "I hope this doesn't upset you". The voice I can't use when people act surprised that I don't visit their website, when all they talk about is baby gear. That voice. That blunt, probably rude voice that otherwise comes out at home in a long, foul rant to nobody but myself.

That voice will fill these pages.

No comments: